Monthly Archives: August 2007
Ari’s newest client, Walsh, also causes headaches when he turns in a script for ‘Lost in the Clouds’ without running it by the agent. It doesn’t help that Walsh has renamed the film ‘Silo’ and written a blanket departure from the book. Dana Gordon makes it through 12 pages before demanding Ari pull his client into line. Walsh, of course, refuses to cooperate and fires Ari before the agent can dump him. Unable to catch E on his cell, Ari calls Vince for help, but when the actor peruses ‘Silo’ he discovers its brilliance. In a risky game of hardball, Ari walks the script in to Dana’s boss and tells him he can either produce this ready-made summer hit or explain to his investors how ‘Lost in the Clouds’ collapsed into a debacle. Ari doesn’t earn any friends with the power play, but ‘Silo’ receives a green light. Back at Anna’s shoot Dave returns in a fury, openly accusing E of trying to steal his girl. Finally fed up, Anna breaks up with Dave on the spot, sending him away before finishing her work. E returns home from the set to find Ari, Walsh and the boys toasting to the new project. Cluelessly flipping through the ‘Silo’ script, he asks the guys, "Where’s the snow?"
At the Gold house, Ari’s spotlighting a few flaws doesn’t go over so well. A producer from ‘The Young and the Restless’ calls to ask Mrs. Ari to reprise her role as Kendall Scott, and Ari tries to dissuade her by warning, "You left the show when you were 25, and they shoot in High Def now." Karma comes back around to bite him, though, when he learns his wife will be making out with a hot young Latino named Javier on the show. Ari bribes the young actor with a future in film, but when Javier shies away from kissing Mrs. Ari, she seizes him in a lip-lock. Later, she explains to Ari that all she really wanted was for him to think she’s still sexy. "You’re the beautiful mother of my children," he tells her as he throws her on the bed.
E thinks he’s en route to some star-studded romance himself when Anna calls to set a dinner date. He meets her, but it turns out she already has a boyfriend and wants to hire E as her manager. When E gets back to the house, Drama taunts him for thinking he had a shot with a celebrity, and all Vince can say is, "She wants you to be her manager? Interesting…"
73-Minute Premiere Episode.
Available on DVD and HD DVD August 28, 2007 from
Universal Studios Home Entertainment
The seven-disc DVD set is packed with revealing bonus features, including five featurettes, over 50 deleted scenes plus the 73-minute Tim Kring cut of the original series premiere that has never aired on television and much more. The seven-disc DVD version is priced at $59.98 S.R.P. Preorder close is July 24, 2007.
Heroes: Season 1 reveals some of the show’s hidden secrets with interviews, mini documentaries and extensive profiles, including:
- Unaired Pilot: The Tim Kring Cut with Audio Commentary – A full 73 uninterrupted minutes of the original, unaired, extended pilot episode, as Heroes’ creator Tim Kring first envisioned it, with a character never seen.
- The Making of Heroes – From concept to pop culture phenomenon, a behind-the-scenes look at the hottest new series on television
- Special Effects – The secrets behind the eye-popping visuals that give the Heroes their amazing powers.
- The Stunts – A back stage look at the show’s hair-raising stunts.
- Mind Reader – Matt Parkman’s mind reading abilities reveal your inner Hero with a series of simple tests.
- Profile of Artist Tim Sale – A look at the Eisner Award-winning comic book artist (Spiderman, Batman, Daredevil) behind much of the Manga-influenced artwork used in the show.
- The Score – Go behind the scenes with Wendy Melvin and Lisa Coleman (of Prince’s The Revolution) as they create their ASCAP Award-winning musical score.
- 50 Deleted and Extended Scenes
THIS THE TRAILER FOR SEASON 2 OF HEROES